Saturday, February 28, 2009

I did a 5K Race today!


Henderson libraries held its 2nd annual Read & Run for Your Health 5K Race this morning. It was a little chilly at 7 am but good weather for a 5K run. It was in downtown Henderson starting & finishing on Water Street.


There were about 400 runners including the Henderson Police Academy recruits (gotta love those young men in uniform). It was my first 5K race in 8 years and I finished in 32.13 minutes. Not shabby for an "old lady." My goals were to finish without stopping and in under 30 minutes (one out of two is what I did). The last half mile got me as it was a slight uphill.


In my age division (45-49 years old female), the best time was 24 minutes and that's not shabby at all! The best time was in 15 minutes by a male runner who I believe is in his 40's! Good job to everyone who participated!!

3 comments:

  1. wow thats great ronna, I couldn't run to the corner if my life depended on it!! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome Ronna Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yo go girl! I've tried to be a runner in the past, I just don't have enough disipline to keep with it long enought to train and and run a race!

    ReplyDelete